Christian Aid Week is NOT CANCELLED.
CAW is going ahead - online, staying safe. May the 10th to 16th. The needs of the poorest people cannot be deferred, locked down or cancelled. Their situation is much worse than ours.
The NHS is not global. The pandemic is.
More than ever those in need really need our most generous help and support. Yes, the NHS, care homes and many others fighting Covid19 need help too. Yes, many have lost their income or had it reduced significantly. Some have savings, reserves on which to draw. Most poor people don’t have anything. We have something and we can dig deep. Please dig deep, not only with donations, also with your capabilities.
Normally we raise around £1,000 in donations from our house to house envelope collection in CAW, income that comes mainly from the community of Matlock. I pray that somehow we can still manage to find ways for our community to provide this or more help. Our help, I pray, will also be generous.
Our local Christian Aid coordinator has received information from Christian Aid and in summary:
1) There is an emergency appeal right now where donations can be made Coronavirus Appeal Please spread the word about this appeal to the Matlock community;
2) Can we hold a Christian Aid week service online Sunday May 17th? Yes, this is being discussed.
3) Can we have a Christian Aid quiz online between 10th & 16th May? We need a volunteer to make this happen using CAW resources.
4) Could you be sponsored for an activity in Christian Aid week? Maybe something like Captain Tom? A sponsored prayer marathon or sponsored silence?
5) Do we set up a Just Giving page for our CAW activities? Yes, we are looking into this.
6) Have you got any ideas to help us raise funds from our community? Over to you.
Your help is essential to achieve any of these things. If you can help in any way, please volunteer. I have no idea how this will work out. I have faith in God that it will, with your support.
We will open a discussion in the forum of ways we could fund raise.